Sunday, November 14, 2010

Perfection!

One of the mom's groups that I'm part of had an evening event so I got to go with just Trevor.  I was so excited about being able to spend time and do an activity with him and he was pretty excited about the event - painting a turkey plate!

I showed Trevor where we were going to sit and then we went to get him an apron.  While I was picking out the paint colors, he walked back over to our table and patiently waited for me.  He was ready to get started!  He was so well behaved!


I poured the paint and we painted his hand to make a cute handprint turkey.  He made the turkey and it was cute, but he didn't want to stop there.  I had to take a deep breath and a step backward.  He was so excited about painting, I had to let him do it!  Bye-bye cute turkey handprint...hello swirls, brushes, and smears of color!
 

I tried to salvage the turkey by recreating it with another handprint in bright blue paint, however, after the plate was glazed and fired it blended in with the other colors.  Trevor didn't seem to mind at all, in fact, he keeps referring to it as his "chicken" plate!  He was so excited and proud when I brought the finished plate home.  He couldn't wait to show Daddy!  (If you look closely at the picture below you can see the phantom turkey!)


 

We tried to get one last handprint on the back...


This saying is so true - "Motherhood is letting go of perfection and just going with the flow."  If Trevor thinks his "chicken" plate is perfect than it is!  We will proudly be displaying it at our Thanksgiving dinner this year!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, Melinda that is so cute! He was so proud of his plate. :) Where did you go to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez, it took me forever to figure out how to post a comment to my own blog! LOL!

    We went to Paint, Glaze, and Fire. I think if I were to do it again, I would have Trevor make the handprint turkey plate and then give him something else to paint. Oh well, it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Trevor, somewhere in the picture there is a turkey we just have to find it, that's how the great artist do their work. Plus you are the best looking one of all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!! I think it's so cool you got to spend some Mommy and Trevor time! You are such great mom!

    ReplyDelete