On Tuesday, I experienced one of the scariest moments so far as being a mom. My mom and two of my sisters with their families went to an indoor play gym with lots of inflatable jumpy castles and slides. It was incredibly packed with all of the kids being out of school for Christmas break. I didn't really feel comfortable about taking my boys in - I didn't want them to get hurt, but my mom said she would help me with them. I figured Trevor would be the more difficult one to keep track of so I told her I would watch him and asked my mom to look after Ethan. After a while, I look over at my mom and sister and see panic in their eyes. I instantly knew that Ethan was missing. My mind was racing - did he get hurt and we just can't see him laying somewhere; did someone take him; did he just run off to a different section. This can't be happening! My little boy is missing!!!
Thankfully, after what felt like eternity, but was probably just a minute or two, my mom found him with a lady who was trying to help him find his parents. As soon as I saw him, I grabbed him and hugged him tightly. Ethan must have been pretty upset also because he hugged me pretty tight right back! I keep thinking back to this moment and thanking God for a happy ending (and how it's going to be a while for us to return to a place like this)!
The next day wasn't much better. Trevor and Ethan were playing and chasing each other through our living room. Ethan tripped and fell right into the bottom of a rocking chair.
At first, his injuries looked minor, but I think he may have broken his nose. Although, you can't tell from the pictures, it's pretty bruised and swollen.
And then tonight, my oldest, Trevor who should have been in bed for at least 45 minutes comes downstairs with his face covered in brown stuff and tells us he needs to wash his hands.
We're currently in the potty training phase so my first thought was "oh no...!" Thankfully, he had just gotten into my makeup (mainly mascara). It was a mess to clean up, but my husband and I couldn't stop laughing!
Thankfully, this is the end of 2010 and not the beginning of 2011! Soon I will have another...yup, never a dull moment in my world! :)
Wow, you've had quite a week. I'm surprised it didn't send you into labor!!! :) Hope things calm down for you. I can't wait to hear your birth news - still holding out hope that this one will be wearing pink! Happy New Year - Michelle
ReplyDeleteMichelle - I know, I'm surprised it didn't either. I had quite a few contractions, but no baby yet! Only a few more days! Happy New Year to you also!
ReplyDelete