A letter to my daughter Jordan Marie, who left this earth before I got to meet her one week before her due date.
Dear Jordan Marie,
Happy 5th Birthday in heaven! I can't believe you would be 5 years old today! Time has gone by so fast! I still think about you everyday and wonder how life would be different if you were here. I wonder what you would look like. I picture you looking like me as a little girl - blond hair and blue eyes, although, I'm not sure why because you looked JUST like your daddy when you were born, even more so than your brothers and sister! I also picture you being a little bossy. I guess because that's how your little brother Trevor is. He thinks he rules the house! It could also be because that's how I was growing up the oldest of four kids! :) I bet you would be a little mommy right now to your sister Addison. I can picture you picking out outfits for her every morning. You would have been a great older sister and big helper!
Anyway, just thinking of you and wishing you were here so we could celebrate together today!
I love you and miss you!
Mommy (or probably just "mom" by now!)
How many tears fell while writing this because reading it sure caused me tears? I love and miss her too. She may not be with us physically but that doesn't mean she isn't with us at all. I thought since you described how you thought she would be that I would describe her wonderful parents to her, then I thought how silly, she already knows.
ReplyDelete